Monday, April 7, 2014

Dog Cookies

Humans are not the only ones who like cookies.

Our furry little friends LOVE cookies.

 
(I may or may not need a little work on taking pictures..)

The recipe I used came from The Cookie Rookie

This recipe is one for the books! 
What you need:
2 1/2 cups of wheat flour (or any type of flour you please)
1 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of peanut butter (I used 1/2 c of creamy and 1/2 chunky)
1 cup water
2 Tbsp of honey
1 egg

What you'll do:
  1. Preheat that oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, and egg into a large bowl. Add the peanut butter, honey, and water into the flour mixture.Combine all of these ingredients until dough is tough. Don't be afraid to use your hands! 
  3. Flour a clean space so you can roll out your dough. Roll the dough to your desired thickness. Use the cookie cutters to make fun shapes and place the cookies onto the baking sheet! 
  4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. (I did 15 because I wanted them to be a bit softer)
  5. Let cool and place into a container!
  6. Let dog devour. :) 
Pictures of the process. 
 
(The little chunks are from the chunky peanut butter)
This must be a good recipe because my dog is still eating them today... Come to think of it.... He likes to drink out of the toilet, so I'm not entirely surprised he'll eat these.. 






No comments:

Post a Comment