Monday, February 24, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Chips

Happy Monday everyone!

I was greeted with more snow....yay....
{Can I mention I'm sick of snow and being inside? I want spring!!} 

Anywhooo...

Today {with my mini goal in mind}, I started my day off with some cereal with almond milk, banana, and a piping hot cup of coffee. No better way to start off the week than cereal and coffee. For lunch, I packed a lean cuisine salad addition. Love these products! I also had two clementines. Before my workout I had some almonds, spark, and catalyst. Post workout I had an apple with a 90 calorie blueberry bar. It was right before supper that I had some steamed soy beans...They are soooo addicting! Go buy some right now and put them in your microwave and eat them! High in fiber and you can eat a lot of them {aka lowish in calories}. Supper time came and I baked some non-breaded chicken nuggets and teriyaki vegetables. My mom also insisted that she bake sweet potato fries...I couldn't resist the offer...They are also my weakness... Okay so food in general is my weakness...Get off my back ;). But, before I ate any supper I took Fibo-Trim supplements.
Be proud of me. I think I can say I met my mini goal for the day. I only went back for a spoonful more of vegetables.... And I had a few more sweet potato fries after my first batch...Alright, you caught me... I didn't follow through with my mini goal... I really am giving a lot of effort to do this mini goal! I just need a little more though...

I wanted a nice little treat for after supper so these Cinnamon Sugar Chips were calling my name. I also had sugar substitute that needed to be used up.

Ingredients:
1/2-1c of sugar substitute (can use real sugar)
1-2 tbsp cinnamon
3 low calorie tortilla shells...I use the Flat Out brand. (you can use more)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine sugar and cinnamon into a bowl or plastic bag. Cut tortilla shells into different shape and sizes. Place into a medium sized bowl. Spray tortilla chips with non stick spray. Mix around the spray until each piece has been touched with the non stick spray. Dump sugar and cinnamon into tortilla bowl and mix the tortilla and sugar mix until each piece has been covered. Place onto baking sheet. Bake for about 7-8 minutes. You will want them to be crispy to get that chip effect. 

These would be perfect for dipping in frozen vanilla yogurt or even chop up some strawberries and eat them with the chips! 

 
The baked cinnamon sugar chips!

After supper my sweet tooth still wasn't satisfied. And it just so happens that I bought some of this flavored water at Target yesterday. Pina Colada is truly amazing. I want to personally thank the maker of this drink. I will be buying more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment